LT86101HC is a TMDS signal re-driver with HDMI1.4b interfaced input and Type-C interfaced output. TMDS signal quality is deeply-optimized and enhanced by performing cable and board trace loss compensation.
The input receiver of LT86101HC features a multi-level programmable linear equalizer, supporting up to 25dB loss compensation due to the Inter-Symbol Interference (ISI). The output transmitter re-drives the received signal with multi-level programmable output swing and maximum 6dB de-emphasis. In coordination with DDC channel, a build-in frequency detector monitors clock channel and automatically adjust input equalization and output swing.
Type-C operating is controlled by CC detect, CC logic and PD management unit. A high performance passive differential switch compliant with HDMI1.4b Alternate Mode is also integrated to realize clock and data channel exchange according to Type-C interface insert orientation. This relieves BOM cost and mobile system design complexity.
LT86101HC internally integrates an 8-bit OCM and SPI flash memory (stacked die) to configure and run program. Online software upgrade is also supported.
The LT86101HC is fabricated in advanced CMOS process and implemented in a small outline 5mmx5mm QFN40 package. This package is RoHS compliant and specified to operate from -40°C to +85°C.
• Compliant to HDMI1.4b, Type-C r1.2, USB PD2.0 and HDMI1.4b Alt Mode v1.0 Standards
• Support Hot-Plug Detect for HDMI Output Interface
• Support DDC and CEC
• Support Only AC Coupled HDMI Output Interface
• Programmable Input Equalization
• Programmable Output Swing and De-emphasis
• USB Full-Featured, Orientation and Role Detection
• 2 Power Roles Supported: Source and Sink
• 2 Data Roles Supported: UFP and DRP
• 3-level Current Ability Detection for Type-C Power:
• USB Default, 1.5A@5V, 3A@5V
• Internal MCU and Flash for Online Firmware Upgrade
• Support External I2C Debug
• 1.8V/3.3V Power Supply
• Packaged in 5mmx5mm QFN40
• Smartphone, Tablet and Other Mobile Devices
• VR/AR Eco-System and Home Entertainment
• PC, Notebook, All-in-Ones Computer and Docking